Book Title: Inquiry and Innovation in the Classroom: Using 20% Time, Genius Hour, and PBL to Drive Student Success (Eye on Education)
Author: A.J. Juliani
Careers in the 21st century are changing, but traditional education methods are not preparing students for these new jobs and demands. In this thought-provoking book, esteemed educator A.J. Juliani describes how we need to modify our classrooms to instill in students the drive for inquiry and innovation that they will need to succeed beyond school doors. Juliani reveals the ways that teachers can use Google’s 20% Time, Genius Hour, and Project-Based Learning to make students more creative, inquisitive, engaged in learning, and self-motivated―the kind of people we need to move society forward! He offers easy ways to implement these ideas while meeting the Common Core and still allowing plenty of time for content instruction.
- Research on the benefits of inquiry-based learning
- Connections to the Common Core State Standards
- Stories and examples from the field
- Exciting ideas for using 20% Time, Genius Hour, and PBL at various grade levels
- Tips for preparing parents and administration for your new instruction
- Ideas for expanding your knowledge and continually learning in this area
- Classroom applications for each chapter, including sample projects and resources
- Bonus content with reproducible materials that you can use in your classroom right now, such as student checklists, questions, lessons, and unit plans
As Juliani emphasizes, if we want our students to change the world, we must change our classrooms to foster inquiry and innovation.